Gloss Contour Button and Surface Suite delivers "to die for" visual appeal, tab and MouseOver capable focus, light footprints, and futuristic "ContourClient" drawing behavior to .Net user interfaces.
When we first expanded to .Net from Win32, we were disturbed by the absence of a useful equivalent to the Delphi/C++Builder Speedbutton. TSpeedbutton eliminated the pronounced delineation and convolution of conventional buttons making it indispensable to the cleanest, most uncluttered UIs. Gloss Contour Suite (GCS) allows developers to maintain this style of interface design, to readily build indispensable features such as wrapping toolbars and toggle controls, and to benefit from GCS's ground breaking surface conformation and group drawing technologies.
GCS goes much farther than its TSpeedbutton predecessor producing stunning .Net interfaces with tab and MouseOver capable focus, exceedingly light footprints, and futuristic stand-alone or "ContourClient" drawing behavior. Automated ContourClient/Server roles produce ultra-fast group drawing by eliminating overlapping, redundant computation of surface drawing data. Drawing speed computation advantages for 20 client buttons approach 20:1 for instance, because client buttons simply draw themselves from data already computed by the server instance, as necessary to draw the server itself. Because client buttons automatically derive their surface drawing data from subsets of pre-computed server instance data, you can readily build exotic features such as wrapping toolbars in which each button will *automatically* draw itself with the contours of the server, wherever and whenever it is positioned on the server surface. You don't write a line of code to benefit from this valuable behavior. Yet you get drawing speed and behavior that no other component can touch.
» version 2007.02.14 - posted on 2007-03-21
Gloss Contour Suite GENERAL LICENSE (GCS GL) AGREEMENT
1. Possession of GCS GL material (this software), in any form, part, or further embodiment thereof, however acquired, indicates your acceptance of these GCS GL (LICENSE) terms. By accepting these GCS GL terms, you agree to be bound by and comply with all of these GCS GL terms.
2. The singular person granted these licensed rights to GCS GL material shall herein be referred to as the "GCS GL PERSON."
3. A person becomes a GCS GL PERSON only by lawfully purchasing a GCS GL from ADVANCE Information Systems.
4. Each GCS GL is non-transferable.
5. An unlicensed person has not lawfully purchased GCS GL material, and cannot lawfully possess GCS GL material except for trial evaluation.
6. According to these GCS GL terms, any person authoring executable software code which processes GCS GL objects, and any person operating upon GCS GL objects or user interfaces containing GCS GL objects in a visual development environment, requires a distinct GCS GL to do so.
7. GCS GL PERSONs may install GCS GL material to multiple systems, and may make archival copies of GCS GL material for strictly their own purposes, provided that GCS GL materials are used in strict accord with this GCS GL, and further provided that separate installation fees are paid as required. The required fee for a separate installation shall herein be referred to as the "SEPARATE GCS GL INSTALLATION FEE"; and each separate, paid, licensed, additional development installation of GCS GL material to a separate system shall herein be referred to as a "SEPARATE GCS GL INSTALLATION."
8. No person may distribute GCS GL material in a form capable of producing further software embodying GCS GL material. Further licenses are required to build software development tools with this material.
9. GCS GL PERSONs may subclass/descend specialized classes for application development BY THE GCS GL PERSON, and for joint application development involving ONLY further GCS GL PERSONS.
10. It is understood that ADVANCE Information Systems has engaged in the development of GCS GL material at substantial cost, and by substantial labor, with the intention of being compensated for the valuable usage of applicable licensed material according to the very terms of this GCS GL.
1. The underlying functionality, and the knowledge of the underlying functionality of GCS GL material, remain the intellectual property of ADVANCE Information Systems, Incorporated.
2. The applicable GCS GL material is Gloss Contour Suite (GCServer_Base, GlossContourButton_UnInit, GlossContourSurface_UnInit, GlossContourButton, and GlossContourSurface, authored by ADVANCE Information Systems).
RIGHTS CONFERRED BY THE GCS GL
1. GCS GL PERSONs may author unlimited applications with GCS GL material, provided that no distributed application deploys the graphic processes of GCS GL material to process images into commercially utilized form.
2. GCS GL PERSONs may install GCS GL material to multiple systems, and may make archival copies of GCS GL material for strictly their own purposes, provided that GCS GL materials are used in strict accord with the GCS GL, and further provided that SEPARATE GCS GL INSTALLATION FEEs are paid as required for each SEPARATE GCS GL INSTALLATION.
3. GCS GL PERSONs may subclass/descend specialized classes for application development BY THE GCS GL PERSON, and for joint application development involving ONLY further GCS GL PERSONS.
4. Free email support is provided for issues not answered by the documentation. Every reasonable effort has been made to provide such comprehensive documentation that you should not require support. Additional support can be purchased separately.
5. ANY AND ALL RIGHTS CONFERRED HEREIN CEASE UPON VIOLATION OF THESE GCS GL TERMS.
LIMITATIONS OF THE GCS GL LICENSE
1. GCS GLs are non-transferable.
2. No person may distribute GCS GL material in any form which can be used to develop further software comprised of GCS GL material. Further licenses are required to build software development tools with this material. Please contact us for such further licensing arrangements.
3. No one may translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble GCS GL material.
4. No one may distribute GCS GL material but ADVANCE Information Systems, Incorporated.
5. No one may rent, lease, or assign GCS GL material.
6. Inherently, no right exists either to produce or to use applications developed in violation of GCS GL terms.
7. All patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other rights are and shall remain the property of ADVANCE Information Systems, Incorporated, or shall remain the property of parties from whom ADVANCE Information Systems, Incorporated licenses any such rights. All rights of any kind which are not expressly granted by this license are entirely and exclusively reserved to and by ADVANCE Information Systems, Incorporated, or to the respective holders of said rights.
LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
1. ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED BY ADVANCE Information Systems, Incorporated, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THIS PRODUCT, ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
2. NEITHER ADVANCE Information Systems, Incorporated, ITS PRINCIPALS, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR PARENT ORGANIZATIONS, NOR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR DELIVERY OF ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED BY ADVANCE Information Systems, Incorporated, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THIS PRODUCT, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE SUCH MATERIALS, EVEN IF ADVANCE Information Systems, Incorporated HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.